- Start of our representation of international language schools abroad.
- We became the leading representative for international language and business schools in Slovenia. We represent more than 60 schools from 16 countries on 5 continents. We provided education for more than 10.000 participants from Slovenia on partner schools abroad.
- Establishment of the Language school for Adults in Maribor.
- Entry into the Ministry’s of Education, Science and Sport registry. We became a specialized language school for the education of adults for general-business language and held preparations for exams of the University of Cambridge. For 10 consecutive years we have provided language seminars with 50 constant course participants.
- We have received the concession from the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities. To this day, 5000 job seekers from the Podravje region within the framework of the active employment policy enrolled into our training and education programmes.
- Signing of the contract with the National Employment Agency. After five years of collaborations with job seekers, the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities issued us an Award for Outstanding Achievements in Employment Search. We were involved with 1500 job seekers from Maribor and their employment rate was around 60 %.
- We have established a student work service and received the concession for work from the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities. We have relegated work for around 100.000 jobs for students. In the year 2004 we have combined the job agency service with the nationwide online job agency service M-Servis, which is today active under the brand Mjob.si.
- Together with the Jožef Stefan Institute and the Society of Young Researches, we have developed and executed the project Exchange of Young Researches, for the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport.
- Projekt P-11, Personnel Rehabilitation Project in Slovenia. The Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities entrusted us with the public tender for the execution of the Personnel Rehabilitation Project in Slovenia for larger companies in Slovenia, which struggled during the economic crisis.
- Slovenian Tourist Exchange Project
- As the carrier of the project, in collaboration with the National Tourist Organization, we have organised the Slovenian Tourist Exchange in Maribor, for the Ministry of Small Enterprises and Tourism. We have managed to bring almost 100 tour guides from foreign tourist agencies to Maribor. Today, this is a regular project of the Slovenian Tourist Organisation (STO).
- International Project PHARE: After an analysis on the needs of business education in the region Podravje, we have developed and lead the project International Marketing, including communication, foreign languages and IT knowledge. During the years, we have lead three international PHARE projects for the training and education of employees of companies in the region Podravje, as well as for job seekers.
- Gained exclusive representative status of the Hotel school Cesar Ritz (Switzerland, USA, Australia, Croatia).
- International Project PHARE: Development and execution of the project on Successful international sales with language, communication and IT skills.
- Enrollment into the register of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia, as the organisational entity Academia. After three years of preparation we founded one of the first private College of Short-Cycle Higher Education in Slovenia.
- Academia, College of Short-Cycle Higher Education, was founded in 2001, for the purpose of fulfilling the economic needs of the Podravje region: a workforce with higher education in the service and production branches.
- Academia is the first educational institution that achieved the international quality standard ISO 9001:2000, or ISO 9001:2015, as of today.
- The part-time study programme Commercialist achieved an enrollment of 64 students. We have achieved an agreement with business schools in England on the transfer and continued studies for our graduates.
- Community work programmes for the Podravje region
As per a contract with the Employment Service of Slovenia we coordinated a community work project and held workshops and info offices on community work for attendees.
- Establishment of the Academia sub-unit for the Vocational Collage School of Economics Celje
In collaboration with the School of Economics Celje, we organised a study programme in Maribor, for all that wanted to achieve level 6/2 education and the title of Graduate of Economics. The selection of programmes extended to Sales, Business informatics and Tourism in undergraduate and post-graduate programmes.
- The first 20 graduates successfully graduated the study programme Commercialist.
- International project PHARE
The development and execution of education and training programmes for the PHARE project: the successful entry into foreign markets, with skills in business communication and the use of IT.
- We accredited and opened applications for a new study programme Accounting.
- We accredited and opened applications for a new study programme Accounting.
- We accredited and opened applications for a new study programme Civil Engineering.
- We accredited and opened applications for a new study programme Engineering.
- The corporate entity ACADEMIA d. o. o., Glavni trg 17b, 2000 Maribor was inscribed into the registry of research institutes and organization under the number 2787.
- Through the collaboration with the College of Accounting, we started the higher education programme Accounting.
- All higher education programmes are restructured and accredited with 120 KO, after the ECTS credit system.
- Academia received two national award from the Slovenian Institute for Adult Education for a contribution toward the development of the quality of education.
- In collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia and the Slovenian Ministry of the Interior, we developed and accredited a new study programme Security.
- Under the authorization of the Ministry of Public Administration, we began with education and examinations on the General Administrative Law Act.
- Academia received the Certificate of Excellency for its credit rating, the highest grade for corporate entities, and joined the 3 % most successful companies in Slovenia.
- During the global financial and economic crisis that had a high effect in the eastern part of Slovenia the Podravje region, the unemployment rate rose to 20 %. During this period, we were selected by the Slovenian Employment Agency to carry out the European project from 2013 to 2015: Support for unemployed persons that were disconnected from the job market for a longer period of time. We offered support for their re-entry into the job market, with enhanced individual and group handling. The Regional unit Maribor saw 900 persons that were enrolled into the project.
- We performed an institutional accreditation of the College in the United Kingdom, as the first and only Short-Cycle Higher Education College in Slovenia.
- We are the first to accredit the international Short-Cycle Higher Education programmes in Slovenia: Business, Engineering, Art & Design in Construction
- We enrolled the first generation of international students and began enrollment for the programmes Economist and Engineering in the English language – we became the first Short-Cycle Higher Education College with programmes carried out in the English language.
- The first international programme performance evaluations for Short-Cycle Education Colleges in Slovenia.
- We have received the Award for Excellency – the highest award for excellency for higher vocational education institution in the Republic in Slovenia, as the first and only private school to achieve such an award.
- We accredited and opened applications for the new study programme Informatika or Computing.
- We inscribed into the media register of Academia Magazine.
- The Managing Director of the College received in the Association’s of Slovene higher vocational colleges Award for Outstanding Achievements in the field of international collaboration and exchange of experience in Short-Cycle Higher Education..
- SILVER AWARD FOR BTEC SCHOOL OF THE YEAR 2020: In May 2017 the first standard verification for study programmes of Higher National Diplomas of Great Britain was held at our College. After only 3 years, Academia achieved the 2nd place in performance among 784 schools from 60 countries around the world.